Three Days, Three Crashes, Three Dead.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — A third Boynton Beach resident has died in a traffic crash over the past three days.
From Boynton Beach Police (what follows is their verbatim advisory):
Boynton Beach Police are investigating a traffic fatality that occurred Saturday at around 12:30 p.m. at the intersection of Congress Avenue and Southwest 30th Avenue.
Preliminary investigation determined that James Benson, 54, of Fort Lauderdale stopped his black 2013 Chrysler 200 on Congress Avenue to fix a piece of furniture that was strapped to the roof of his car. He and his vehicle were struck by a white 2020 Toyota Tacoma driven by Jonathan Gold, 32, of Boynton Beach. A silver 2005 Chevrolet Colorado, driven by Otsheel Rene, 37, of Boynton Beach then also struck Benson’s vehicle. Neither Gold nor Rene were injured.
Benson was taken via trauma alert to Delray Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries early this morning.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information or video of the crash is asked to call Traffic Homicide Investigator Dennis Castro at 561-732-8116.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K