New Executive Order Signed By Gov. Ron DeSantis
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here) — The COVID-19 shot is now available to people under 65 in the State of Florida.
In a new executive order signed Friday but just announced Sunday, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is opening up COVID-19 vaccines to Florida residents under 65 who are deemed by medical professionals to be vulnerable to COVID-19.
We are publishing the complete, signed executive order below. Here’s the key language:
“In addition to hospital providers, physicians licensed under Chapters 458 and 459, Florida Statutes, may also vaccine person who they deem to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19, and advanced practice registered nurses licensed under Chapter 464, Florida Statutes, and pharmacists licensed under Chapter 465, Florida Statutes, may vaccinate persons determined by a physician to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19.”
Translation: if your doctor or other medical provider affirms that you are high risk for COVID-19, you are now eligible for a COVID-19 shot in Florida.
While it may still be difficult to find a shot, the process is starting to ease up. In addition to Publix, you can now check CVS, Walmart and Sam’s Club online for availability. CVS, Walmart and Sam’s Club appear to be updating availability on a regular basis but at no set time, so check their websites throughout the day. Publix continues to offer appointments online on Wednesday and Friday mornings at 7 a.m.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees