BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here) — A Palm Beach County man is suing Hyundai, claiming his 2018 Genesis is full of problems.
According to the suit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, the Genesis was purchased on or about December 28, 2018, from Napleton Hyundai, for $29,339. The suit states the Genesis features a “defective engine, transmission and/or electrical system as evidenced by a grinding noise while shifting gears, a no start condition, the gear shifter falling apart, a grinding condition when changing gears, a difficulty changing gears, an illumination of the check engine light, a vibration condition in the shift knob while driving, a loud knocking noise emanating while at idle, and a malfunction in the driver door speaker.”
The car also allegedly suffers from, “defective body and trim as evidenced by a rattling noise under the vehicle, a metal part coming of the left front rear seat, a loose trim on the left from seat, a deformed left rear assist arm rubber, a noise emanation from the shift knob while driving, a failure of the passenger window, a peeling of the leather on both sides, a loose passenger door cap, a lose shift lever, the loose leather on the gear shifter, a failure of the left front seat belt to retract, a loose shift knob, a squeaking noise in the clutch, and an inability to open the hood.”
The suit alleges that Hyundai was unable to repair the Genesis. It seeks legitimate repair or replacement, and reimbursement for all fees incurred by the owner.
Read the complete lawsuit, below. If you are reading in a news app, click here for full access to the PDF.
To learn more about Florida’s Lemon Law, click here.Hyundai
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Carly Richards, 20, Killed In Boynton Beach Crash
- Boca Raton Lawyer Who Threatened Us Disqualified From Case We Covered
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI