It’s Not Over. Infection. Sickness. Death. As DeSantis Touts His Actions To Florida Lawmakers.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis told legislators that his COVID plan is spectacular and kept Florida’s economy going, the Florida Department of Health reported a huge spike in COVID infections.
Following several days of decline, leading to 1,810 new cases being recorded on Sunday, Florida reports 7,075 new COVID-19 cases were recorded on Monday and released Tuesday, just as the state’s legislative session began.
That brings Florida’s total COVID count to 1,918,100 infections and more than 40,000 deaths. At least 79,731 people have been hospitalized in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, at least 121,226 people have tested positive while 2,486 have died. Health officials say at least 6,041 have been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. The pediatric positivity rate in PBC is an alarmingly high 14.4 percent.
As of mid-day Tuesday, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that 3,675 people are hospitalized in the state with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.” In Palm Beach County, 254 are hospitalized; in Miami-Dade, 590; in Broward, 546.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School