Now No Age Requirement For Teachers, Daycare Workers
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here) — The Publix COVID-19 vaccine appointment system opens again at 7 a.m. today (Friday). And there are new rules in place.
Starting now, anyone in Florida who falls into any of these categories qualifies for a COVID-19 shot:
Age 65 or over.
Teachers, K-12, Daycare and preschool workers, and staff members. (You no longer have to be 50).
Healthcare worker, EMS
Age 16+ with a signed Determination of Extreme Vulnerability Form.
Age 50+ sworn law enforcement officer or Firefighter.
While the Publix system opens at 7 a.m., the same rules apply if you register for a shot at CVS, Walmart, Sam’s Club or Winn Dixie.
Here are the websites for appointments:
Publix (starting at 7 a.m.): Click here For Publix.
CVS (check throughout the day): Click here for CVS.
Walmart (check throughout the day): Click here for Walmart.
Sam’s Club (check throughout the day): Click here for Sam’s Club.
Winn Dixie (check throughout the day): Click here for Winn-Dixie.
We note that some of the providers now say you may get two shots (Moderna and Pfizer), or you may be scheduled for Johnson and Johnson which is one shot. In pre-school terms: you get what you get and you don’t get upset. Most health professionals say the J&J shot is perfect for most people.
How is your shot-seeking experience? Let us know. Use the form below. If you are reading in a news app, just click here for full access.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing