BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here) — A popular Delray Beach restaurant is facing a lawsuit over an incident that allegedly left a customer injured.
Ocean One Bar And Grille at 777 East Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach is accused of not operating an “industrial outdoor umbrella” correctly. The large, heavy umbrella allegedly struck Renee Arenas, leaving her injured. Arenas was a customer at Ocean One.
From the lawsuit which seeks in excess of $30,000 — the statutory minimum for circuit court: Ocean One “failed to make the premises safe for invitees, failed to take necessary precautions while carrying an industrial outdoor umbrella, failed to carry an industrial outdoor umbrella in a safe and prudent manner, failed to use reasonable care while carrying an industrial outdoor umbrella near restaurant invitees, caused an industrial outdoor umbrella to hit the Plaintiff,” and more.
According to the suit, “as the direct and proximate result of the negligence of Defendant, Ocean One Bar and Grille, Plaintiff suffered bodily injur and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, and aggravation of a previously existing condition. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
Read the complete lawsuit, below. If you are reading in a news app, click here.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck
- FINAL COUNTDOWN: GLADES ROAD REMAINS CLOSED, DIVERGING DIAMOND OPENS MONDAY
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: FATAL CRASH SOUTH OF BOCA RATON
- Man Killed, Shot Multiple Times According To Police
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation