BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here) — A popular Delray Beach restaurant is facing a lawsuit over an incident that allegedly left a customer injured.
Ocean One Bar And Grille at 777 East Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach is accused of not operating an “industrial outdoor umbrella” correctly. The large, heavy umbrella allegedly struck Renee Arenas, leaving her injured. Arenas was a customer at Ocean One.
From the lawsuit which seeks in excess of $30,000 — the statutory minimum for circuit court: Ocean One “failed to make the premises safe for invitees, failed to take necessary precautions while carrying an industrial outdoor umbrella, failed to carry an industrial outdoor umbrella in a safe and prudent manner, failed to use reasonable care while carrying an industrial outdoor umbrella near restaurant invitees, caused an industrial outdoor umbrella to hit the Plaintiff,” and more.
According to the suit, “as the direct and proximate result of the negligence of Defendant, Ocean One Bar and Grille, Plaintiff suffered bodily injur and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, and aggravation of a previously existing condition. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
Read the complete lawsuit, below. If you are reading in a news app, click here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY