Claim: Palm Beach County Dealership Sold Truck, Repaired Step Multiple Times
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — A Palm Beach County man is suing Schumacher Automotive, claiming that the dealership’s repair center’s poor workmanship led to a critical injury.
According to the lawsuit filed by Boca Raton law firm Lavalle, Brown and Ronan, Plaintiff Beauford Daniels “attempted to get in the driver’s seat of the subject 2015 Chevy Silverado using the step side assistance when the entire step collapsed from the truck causing the Plaintiff to crash to the ground severely injuring himself.”
The suit states that the truck was purchased from Schumacher and “the subject truck was taken to (Schumacher) for repair of the step side on multiple occasions prior to the incident.”
As a result of the fall on April 17th, 2020, “Beauford Daniels suffered bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, aggravation of pre-existing injury, mental anguish, loss of earnings and loss of ability to earn money. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
Attorneys say that Schumacher failed in its responsibility to “correct dangerous conditions on the truck which it either knew or should have known existed; reasonably inspect and ensure the truck is in good working order before selling the truck; and “reasonably inspect and repair the subject struck and step side and ensure said service of the truck were free from danger.”
Read the complete lawsuit below. If you are reading in a news app and the PDF does not appear, click here.
There was no immediate response filed with the court by Schumacher.Schumacher-lawsuit
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing