Claim: Palm Beach County Dealership Sold Truck, Repaired Step Multiple Times
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — A Palm Beach County man is suing Schumacher Automotive, claiming that the dealership’s repair center’s poor workmanship led to a critical injury.
According to the lawsuit filed by Boca Raton law firm Lavalle, Brown and Ronan, Plaintiff Beauford Daniels “attempted to get in the driver’s seat of the subject 2015 Chevy Silverado using the step side assistance when the entire step collapsed from the truck causing the Plaintiff to crash to the ground severely injuring himself.”
The suit states that the truck was purchased from Schumacher and “the subject truck was taken to (Schumacher) for repair of the step side on multiple occasions prior to the incident.”
As a result of the fall on April 17th, 2020, “Beauford Daniels suffered bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, aggravation of pre-existing injury, mental anguish, loss of earnings and loss of ability to earn money. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
Attorneys say that Schumacher failed in its responsibility to “correct dangerous conditions on the truck which it either knew or should have known existed; reasonably inspect and ensure the truck is in good working order before selling the truck; and “reasonably inspect and repair the subject struck and step side and ensure said service of the truck were free from danger.”
Read the complete lawsuit below. If you are reading in a news app and the PDF does not appear, click here.
There was no immediate response filed with the court by Schumacher.Schumacher-lawsuit
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School