Palm Beach County Hospital COVID Count Unchanged For Days.
Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate Remains Extremely High.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of new infections recorded daily in Florida is not getting better.
Over the past four days, the Florida Department of Health reports 7,035 new cases on March 1st, 5,481 cases on on March 2nd, 6,111 cases on March 3rd, and 5,941 cases on March 4th. With the exception of one day which is a statistical anomaly, Florida has reported at least 5400 new cases every day since February 22nd.
With the exception of four days, Florida has reported at least 5000 new COVID-19 cases every day since February 2nd.
The officials numbers suggest that COVID is far from over in Florida.
As of Saturday, March 6th, 2021: Florida has recorded at least 1,936,207 COVID-19 cases with 31,522 deaths. At least 80,632 people in Florida have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, the Florida Agency fo Health Care Administration reports that 254 are currently hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.” While significantly better than numbers a few weeks ago, the count of 254 is unchanged for days.
ICU’s in Palm Beach County remain busy. West Boca Medical Center’s ICU is completely full — 18 beds in use with none available.
Delray Medical Center, the region’s trauma center, reports 41 ICU beds in use with just 6 available.
Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 30 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Statewide, 4,915 ICU beds are in use mid-morning Saturday with 1,227 available.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Department of Health, is holding at 14.4-percent. The Depart of Health considers anyone 18 or under to be “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing