BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — A popular Boca Raton eatery was closed under an emergency order issued by the Florida Department for Business and Professional Regulation.
Lemongrass at 101 Plaza Real South in Boca Raton was ordered closed on January 19th.
Inspectors noted the following in their report. This is the official language used:
Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 1 live roach on floor in front of cookline.
High Priority – Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, food storage area and/or bar area. Approximately 20 live flies at bar triple sink Approximately 10 live flies at closed end of cookline on wall Approximately 5 live flies at utility room in the kitchen
High Priority – Raw animal food stored over or with unwashed produce. Raw eggs over unwashed cabbage. Eggs moved to lower shelf to store properly **Corrected On-Site**
Basic – Dead roaches on premises. 1 dead roach on wall at closed end of cookline. Removed and area cleaned and sanitized 6 dead roaches on floor at closed end of cookline. Removed and area cleaned and sanitized.
Lemongrass was allowed to open the next day when all violations were cleared, according to DBPR.
The restaurant is now operating under a license that expires on December 1st, 2021.
The complete report is below. If you are reading in a news app and it does not appear, click here.Lemongrass-Final
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…