BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — A Palm Beach County woman is suing Victoria’s Secret, claiming that she slipped and fell in the chain’s Wellington store while apparently shopping for underwear.
Johen Zambrano, according to the action just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, “was shopping at Victoria’s Secret store when she was caused to slip and fall to the floor due to the careless and negligent manner in which the floors were maintained in the aforesaid store. More specifically, the Plaintiff slipped on a soap and or gel substance on the floor, causing Plaintiff to fall to the ground.”
Claims the suit, “had (Victoria’s Secret) exercised reasonable care in the maintenance of the store’s floors, it would have discovered the dangerous condition of a clear liquid, soap and or gel substance on its floor.”
As a result of the fall, “Zambrano has been forced to incur medical bills, has suffered bodily injury resulting in severe physical pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, aggravation of preexisting injuries, if any, and loss of the ability to earn ages. The injuries sustained by the Plaintiff are permanent with in a reasonable degree of medical probability, are continuing in nature, and Plaintiff will continue to suffer such losses in the future.”
The suit seeks in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in circuit court.
There was no immediate response from Victoria’s Secret.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation