Lawsuit Claims It Happened, Man Pushed To Floor.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — A Boynton Beach man says he was struck from behind by a Publix worker who paid no attention to where he was walking. The force of the collision was so strong that man fell to the floor, suffering critical injuries.
Douglas Kelly alleges in a just filed lawsuit that a worker at the Publix on Le Chalet Boulevard in Boynton Beach “walked into and/or hit Douglas Kelly, from behind, which started Mr. Kelly and caused him to fall to the floor.”
The suit also states, “the employee had a duty to take reasonable measures to ensure the safety of customers in the store, to keep a proper lookout while walking through the store, and to other use reasonable care.”
As a result of the fall, Mr. Kelly suffered “pain, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, and aggravation of a previously existing condition. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
Douglas Kelly seeks in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in circuit court. There has been no immediate response filed by Publix. Mr. Kelly is represented by attorney Tavis Souder.
Read the complete suit below. If you are reading in a news app and it does not appear, just click here.Publix-fall
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach