Lawsuit Claims It Happened, Man Pushed To Floor.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — A Boynton Beach man says he was struck from behind by a Publix worker who paid no attention to where he was walking. The force of the collision was so strong that man fell to the floor, suffering critical injuries.
Douglas Kelly alleges in a just filed lawsuit that a worker at the Publix on Le Chalet Boulevard in Boynton Beach “walked into and/or hit Douglas Kelly, from behind, which started Mr. Kelly and caused him to fall to the floor.”
The suit also states, “the employee had a duty to take reasonable measures to ensure the safety of customers in the store, to keep a proper lookout while walking through the store, and to other use reasonable care.”
As a result of the fall, Mr. Kelly suffered “pain, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, and aggravation of a previously existing condition. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
Douglas Kelly seeks in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in circuit court. There has been no immediate response filed by Publix. Mr. Kelly is represented by attorney Tavis Souder.
Read the complete suit below. If you are reading in a news app and it does not appear, just click here.Publix-fall
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman