Latest Spike As Ronnie D. Orders Local Counties, Cities To Rescind COVID Fines
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis tells local municipalities that they need to rescind fines levied for COVID violations, Florida’s new COVID infection count is still rising.
For the fourth day, numbers have increased. Wednesday’s new case count is 5,065. That follows 3,480 on Sunday, 4,446 on Monday, and 4,898 on Tuesday.
There are now at least 1,962,651 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 32,040 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 2,535 people have now died from COVID-19. At least 124,636 have been infected.
There is continued concern that Spring Breakers will fuel another surge in Florida — especially South Florida — just as numbers were starting to decrease. There are 219 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.” The statewide COVID hospitalization count is 3,158.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Doc Claims Reputation Firm Posted Fake Reviews
- West Boca Raton Woman Jailed On Drug, Fraud Charges
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call