Latest Spike As Ronnie D. Orders Local Counties, Cities To Rescind COVID Fines
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis tells local municipalities that they need to rescind fines levied for COVID violations, Florida’s new COVID infection count is still rising.
For the fourth day, numbers have increased. Wednesday’s new case count is 5,065. That follows 3,480 on Sunday, 4,446 on Monday, and 4,898 on Tuesday.
There are now at least 1,962,651 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 32,040 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 2,535 people have now died from COVID-19. At least 124,636 have been infected.
There is continued concern that Spring Breakers will fuel another surge in Florida — especially South Florida — just as numbers were starting to decrease. There are 219 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.” The statewide COVID hospitalization count is 3,158.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K