BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s been a year. It was Friday, March 13th, 2020 when the Palm Beach County School District announced that schools would remain closed after Spring Break until further notice.
If you go by day of the week, today is the one year anniversary. Spring Break starts for the Palm Beach County School District when the final bell rings this afternoon.
A year later, roughly half of the school district’s 180,000 student population continues to learn from home. Vulnerable teachers are still waiting for vaccine. The school board has taken no action to prevent the Gov. DeSantis mandated FSA’s from becoming a massive super-spreader event in just a matter of weeks, and there are nearly 3000 cases recorded of COVID-19 in the schools.
For all of the problems, there are success stories. Many students have thrived during distance learning. Parents have had the opportunity to enjoy a daily, hands-on approach with the education of their children. Kids have learned how to manage time, assignments, and have figured out how to have social lives that may be more virtual than in-person, but still effective. Teachers — at least some — have risen above and beyond all expectations, mastering technology while proving that you don’t need to be in-person to be effective.
And the unspoken upside to distance learning: there was no need for “code reds” “lockdowns. Campuses were crime free.
Happy COVID-19 anniversary.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON