BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — One year after COVID-19 officially began in the Palm Beach County School District, and just six months after the district started reporting infection numbers, there are 2,952 confirmed COVID-19 cases among students and employees.
At least 1,684 of those cases have been recorded since school ended for the calendar year in December. That means more than half of the school district’s case count is from the past 10 weeks.
By the numbers: 1,733 students and 1,219 employees have officially reported a COVID-19 positive test.
Boca Raton Community High School is one of the district’s hot spots with 54 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle — also in Boca — is another hot spot with 53 confirmed cases.
The Palm Beach County School District began reporting numbers on September 16th. There is no official record of cases from the previous school year. The school district shut down as Spring Break started last year on March 13th, 2020. It then initiated distance learning a few weeks later.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area