BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman is facing DUI and drug charges following her arrest by the Boca Raton Police Department.
Helene Barbagallo, 56, was allegedly speeding on North Federal Highway when she was stopped by police who claim she was driving 61 in a 45mph zone. During the stop, an officer noticed “an odor of alcohol on her breath when she spoke, she was slurring her speech and had glossy eyes.”
The police report says Barbagallo acknowledge having a “blood Mary” at lunch — roughly 12 hours before the stop at 12:56 a.m. Friday.
Police, in the report that you can read below, state that Barbagallo had issues with the field sobriety test. When she booked into jail for DUI, they also allegedly found “a white pill in Barbagallo’s black wallet.”
The pill, according to police, “was identified as Modefinil which is a schedule 4 controlled substance.”
Barbagallo is charged with DUI and possession of a controlled substance. She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance. A court date is pending.
Read the specifics in the police report, below. IF you are reading in a news app and the PDF does not appear, click here for full access.Barbagallo
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON