BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman is facing DUI and drug charges following her arrest by the Boca Raton Police Department.
Helene Barbagallo, 56, was allegedly speeding on North Federal Highway when she was stopped by police who claim she was driving 61 in a 45mph zone. During the stop, an officer noticed “an odor of alcohol on her breath when she spoke, she was slurring her speech and had glossy eyes.”
The police report says Barbagallo acknowledge having a “blood Mary” at lunch — roughly 12 hours before the stop at 12:56 a.m. Friday.
Police, in the report that you can read below, state that Barbagallo had issues with the field sobriety test. When she booked into jail for DUI, they also allegedly found “a white pill in Barbagallo’s black wallet.”
The pill, according to police, “was identified as Modefinil which is a schedule 4 controlled substance.”
Barbagallo is charged with DUI and possession of a controlled substance. She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance. A court date is pending.
Read the specifics in the police report, below. IF you are reading in a news app and the PDF does not appear, click here for full access.Barbagallo
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95