BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Is Florida heading back into trouble? That’s the question being asked as the Florida Department of Health reports five days of increasing COVID-19 case counts.
Over the past six days, the number of new COVID-19 cases logged in the state has risen, sometimes dramatically, each day.
Health officials reported 3,480 new COVID-19 cases on March 7th; 4,445 new cases on March 8th; 4,854 new cases on March 9th; 5,081 new cases on March 10th; 5,120 new cases on March 11th; and 5,167 new cases on March 12th.
The positivity rate is holding in the 5s.
The rising case count comes as Spring Breakers arrive in Florida for largely unmasked partying. History suggests the visits will be followed with a surge of new cases and hospitalizations.
Statewide, 1,973,109 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 32,225 people have died.
In Palm Beach County, 125,506 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 2,545 people have died.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County dropped one tenth of a point to 14.3 percent. That represents the positivity rate for children 18 and under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95