BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of people hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 has dropped below 200 for the first time in months.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration says there are now 177 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. That’s a significant drop from the 300s just weeks ago.
But while that news is good, the ICU count is not. Area hospitals are still busy, with many showing just a few ICU beds — if any — available at 3 p.m. on Saturday.
West Boca Medical Center reports 15 ICU beds in use with 1 available.
Wellington reports 25 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Delray Medical Center reports 39 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 30 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Bethesda West reports 7 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Statewide, 4,646 ICU beds are in use with 1,535 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID HORROR: Another 20,133 Cases Logged Wednesday
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming