BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of people hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 has dropped below 200 for the first time in months.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration says there are now 177 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. That’s a significant drop from the 300s just weeks ago.
But while that news is good, the ICU count is not. Area hospitals are still busy, with many showing just a few ICU beds — if any — available at 3 p.m. on Saturday.
West Boca Medical Center reports 15 ICU beds in use with 1 available.
Wellington reports 25 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Delray Medical Center reports 39 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 30 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Bethesda West reports 7 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Statewide, 4,646 ICU beds are in use with 1,535 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation