BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners is officially condemning a move by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to essentially remove any fines issued against businesses that violated COVID health orders over the past year.
This statement was just released by Palm Beach County:
“For a full year now, communities across Florida have been working incredibly hard to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and local governments, including the Southeast Florida Tri-County area, have issued common-sense measures recommended by the CDC to protect our residents, businesses, and visitors.
While our positivity rate continues to trend in the right direction and vaccination efforts are accelerating, now is not the time to throw caution to the wind as we are so close to putting this pandemic behind us. Unfortunately, Governor DeSantis’ Executive Order (EO) 21-65 [flgov.com] inadvertently sends a message to residents and the business community alike that common-sense measures to fight COVID-19 are no longer needed – when we know that they do in fact work to prevent the spread, and most importantly save lives.
We urge all South Florida residents, businesses, and visitors to continue following these important precautions and requirements, including wearing masks, maintaining social distancing, and frequent sanitizing as we work together to stay vigilant and protect our communities in what we hope is the final chapter of this fight.”
There was no immediate response from the Governor’s office.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K