BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The father of Boca Raton kidnap suspect Kyle Hauser is a registered sex offender, according to records from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. The father and son were together during the alleged kidnapping at a Boca Raton playground.
As we reported exclusively last week, Kyle Hauser is accused of snatching a 1 year old from the playground in the 400 block of South Country Club Drive. The abduction lasted just minutes. Hauser’s father later told police that Kyle had been diagnosed with Schizophrenia.
“(Kyle Hauser) confined the one year old victim within his arms refusing (anyone nearby) to regain control and attempted to back away from where they were standing. After tugging for possession of the one year old victim with the defendant, (a witness) was able to regain custody with the assistance of (others),” wrote police in a report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com.
FLDE reports that Kyle Hauser’s father, Glenn Roberts Hauser, is a convicted sex offender. They live at the same address in the 400 block of NW 70th Street in Boca Raton. Glenn Hauser was convicted of “sexual battery by adult of victim under 12,” and two counts of “lewd lascivious (act on a) child under 16.” The convictions were filed on July 1st, 1992.
Kyle Hauser remains in the Palm Beach County Jail following his arrest on March 10th. It was not immediately clear why either Hauser was spending time at a playground.
The sex offender report from FDLE appears below. If you are reading in a news app and it does not appear, click here for full access.Hauser-FDLE
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation