BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The father of Boca Raton kidnap suspect Kyle Hauser is a registered sex offender, according to records from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. The father and son were together during the alleged kidnapping at a Boca Raton playground.
As we reported exclusively last week, Kyle Hauser is accused of snatching a 1 year old from the playground in the 400 block of South Country Club Drive. The abduction lasted just minutes. Hauser’s father later told police that Kyle had been diagnosed with Schizophrenia.
“(Kyle Hauser) confined the one year old victim within his arms refusing (anyone nearby) to regain control and attempted to back away from where they were standing. After tugging for possession of the one year old victim with the defendant, (a witness) was able to regain custody with the assistance of (others),” wrote police in a report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com.
FLDE reports that Kyle Hauser’s father, Glenn Roberts Hauser, is a convicted sex offender. They live at the same address in the 400 block of NW 70th Street in Boca Raton. Glenn Hauser was convicted of “sexual battery by adult of victim under 12,” and two counts of “lewd lascivious (act on a) child under 16.” The convictions were filed on July 1st, 1992.
Kyle Hauser remains in the Palm Beach County Jail following his arrest on March 10th. It was not immediately clear why either Hauser was spending time at a playground.
The sex offender report from FDLE appears below. If you are reading in a news app and it does not appear, click here for full access.Hauser-FDLE
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman