BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Two days of declines were wiped out by another significant jump in new COVID cases recorded by the Florida Department of Health.
Health officials logged 4,832 new COVID-19 cases on Monday. That follows 3,782 on Saturday and 2,854 on Sunday. The jump to 4,832 may signal a return to the 5,000’s — daily number of new cases recorded in Florida for much of the past week.
There are now 1,984,426 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida. The death count is at least 32,449.
In Palm Beach County, 126,355 COVID-19 cases are on the books, as well as 2,576 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County has risen again to 14.4 percent. Florida defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95