BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners has extended the mask mandate until at least mid-April. There is significant concern that Spring Break visitors will initiate another surge, as COVID-19 variants take hold in the area.
“The mandatory facial covering order in Palm Beach County is being extended to mid-April,” according to an advisory issued by the County. “Mayor Kerner said there has been very good compliance by area businesses and establishments, but due to the influx of spring visitors and the presence of COVID-19 variants that spread more quickly, it is important to continue taking precautions.”
Dr. Alina Alonso, the health department director for Palm Beach County, also says the variant is concerning.
”Dr. Alonso cautioned against letting our guard down and possibly allowing a fourth wave,“ said Alonso in a late Wednesday news conference. “It’s important that even if you get vaccinated, that you continue to wear your mask in public,”
She noted Florida currently has 850 different variants of COVID-19, the most of any state. Statewide, 5 people with the variant have died. All were hospitalized and none had any travel history. Three variants of COVID-19 are present in Palm Beach County with 75 active variant cases.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN