BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Facebook group dedicated to helping South Floridians obtain the COVID-19 vaccine is also apparently home to doctors who are selling COVID-19 vulnerability forms for $45.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a group calling itself DoctorsOnCall365 is offering the forms to anyone after a telemedicine appointment. The form itself, mandated by the State of Florida, requires a doctor to assert that the signing doctor “has a physician-patient relationship with the patient named above and that I have determined that the patient is extremely vulnerable to COVID-19.”
If you are reading in a news app and photos and documents do not appear, use the “read on the web” button for full, free access.
The language suggests that the State of Florida expects patients to have a long term medical file with their physician, not a five minute video chat.
DoctorsOnCall365 is not hiding its service, writing “now offering telemedicine visits for determination of COVID-19 vulnerabilities for vaccine access.”
It was not immediately clear if the Florida Department of Law Enforcement had opened an investigation.
DoctorsOnCall365 founder Dr. Alon Payenson, according to the State of Florida, does not have staff privileges with any hospital in Florida, only Delaware. His Delaware license, according to public records (see below), has expired. Despite the State of Florida Records, Memorial Hospital System in Broward County does show that Dr. Payenson is on staff.
The Facebook comments, likes and posts suggest that the many are interested in the services offered.
Dr. Payenson’s Delaware record is below. Visit BocaNewsNow.com on the web if the document does not appear.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID HORROR: Another 20,133 Cases Logged Wednesday
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming