Very Bad Sign. Feared Fourth Wave Could Be Approaching. Miami. Delray. Maskless Hoards Fueling Spread Fears.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s positivity rate is the highest it’s been since February 21st.
The report comes as images of thousands of maskless Spring Breakers in Miami fuel fears of massive COVID spread, and we are sorting through photos showing thousands on Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach not wearing masks over the weekend.
The Florida Department of Health just reported that Sunday’s tests results revealed a positivity rate of 6.69 percent. It has risen steadily since March 18th when it was just 5.02 percent. Over the past month, the positivity rate has ranged from a low of 4.84 percent to 6.22 percent yesterday. The 6.69 percent is an ominous sign.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate is 6.28 percent — also a recent high.
Statewide, there are now 2,011,211 COVID-19 cases with 32,779 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 128,321 people have tested positive for COVID-19. At least 2,598 have died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation