Now More Than 2,000,000 COVID-19 Cases In State
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 positivity rate took a dramatic turn in the wrong direction, reaching its highest level in more than two weeks.
The Florida Department of Health says the positivity rate recorded on Saturday and released on Sunday was 6.23 percent. The two prior days showed positivity rates of 5.02 and 5.39.
In Palm Beach County, it also rose significantly to 6.09 percent. Palm Beach County reported 5.28 and 4.85 in the two days prior.
The Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate — a look at those 18 and under infected with COVID-19 — remains an exceptionally high 14.4 percent.
There are now 2,008,349 COVID-19 cases in Florida, where at least 32,742 people have died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation