BY: USDOJ | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (USDOJ Verbatim) — A federal district judge in Miami has sentenced 49-year-old Carlton Cash, of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, to ten years in prison for dealing crystal methamphetamine. Cash holds an active Florida medical license.
Cash was charged and convicted of selling over 150 grams of crystal methamphetamine in Broward County, Florida over an eight-month period starting in 2019. Cash had worked as an emergency room physician until 2014, when he was declared disabled due to injuries he suffered in a car accident ten years earlier. Cash was receiving $15,000 each month in disability payments when he purchased about $100,000 worth of crystal methamphetamine in the year before his arrest and sold crystal methamphetamine to others. Besides his Florida license, public records show that Cash has held medical licenses in Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, New York, Michigan, and Mississippi.
In December 2020, Cash pled guilty in Miami federal court to five counts of possession with the intent to distribute crystal methamphetamine.
Ariana Fajardo Orshan, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, Keith Weis, Special Agent in Charge, Drug Enforcement Administration, Miami Field Office, and Jonathan Shaw, Chief, Margate Police Department, made the announcement.
DEA and Margate Police Department investigated the case, with assistance from Broward County Sheriff’s Office. Assistant United States Attorney Donald F. Chase, II prosecuted this case.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens