BY: USDOJ | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (USDOJ Verbatim) — A federal district judge in Miami has sentenced 49-year-old Carlton Cash, of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, to ten years in prison for dealing crystal methamphetamine. Cash holds an active Florida medical license.
Cash was charged and convicted of selling over 150 grams of crystal methamphetamine in Broward County, Florida over an eight-month period starting in 2019. Cash had worked as an emergency room physician until 2014, when he was declared disabled due to injuries he suffered in a car accident ten years earlier. Cash was receiving $15,000 each month in disability payments when he purchased about $100,000 worth of crystal methamphetamine in the year before his arrest and sold crystal methamphetamine to others. Besides his Florida license, public records show that Cash has held medical licenses in Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, New York, Michigan, and Mississippi.
In December 2020, Cash pled guilty in Miami federal court to five counts of possession with the intent to distribute crystal methamphetamine.
Ariana Fajardo Orshan, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, Keith Weis, Special Agent in Charge, Drug Enforcement Administration, Miami Field Office, and Jonathan Shaw, Chief, Margate Police Department, made the announcement.
DEA and Margate Police Department investigated the case, with assistance from Broward County Sheriff’s Office. Assistant United States Attorney Donald F. Chase, II prosecuted this case.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95