BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A popular restaurant in East Boca Raton is facing eviction after the landlord claims the tenant owes nearly $44,000 in back rent.
Tanjore at 500 Via De Palmas, Suite 79, is being sued for back payment or eviction in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. The suit, filed by Royal Palm Place Investments, names Norma Food LLC as the defendant. Public records show that Norma Food is the holding company name for Tanjore.
The suit alleges that the restaurant’s lease started in 2013, was renewed in 2017 and again in 2020. Tanjore currently pays $10,948.83 monthly for use of the space.
According to the suit, a notice to pay back rent was sent to Norma Foods in early March. The total due: $43,890.29.
Read the complete suit, below. If you are reading in a news app and the lawsuit does not appear, click here for full, free access.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID HORROR: Another 20,133 Cases Logged Wednesday
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming