BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of people hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County is rising again.
After a welcome drop into the mid 100s, the early Tuesday morning count in Palm Beach County is now 200, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. Combined with Monday’s dramatic increase in the COVID positivity rate, health officials are now concerned that we are at the beginning of a fourth COVID surge.
Area hospitals continue to report busy ICUs:
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Wellington reports 23 ICU beds in use with 5 available.
West Boca Medical Center reports 13 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Delray Medical Center reports 31 ICU beds in use with 15 available.
Boca Raton Regional reports 24 ICU beds in use with 17 available.
Statewide, 4,589 ICU beds are in use early Tuesday morning with 1,522 available. A total of 45,932 hospital beds are in use with 15,361 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID HORROR: Another 20,133 Cases Logged Wednesday
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming