Spring Breakers, More Maskless, Bad Results
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of new COVID-19 infections in Florida continues to rise, amidst a background of spring breakers and a visual increase in the number of people not wearing masks.
The Florida Department of Health reports 5,314 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Monday and reported late Tuesday. That follows 2,975 on Sunday and 3,972 on Monday. The positivity rate also remains stubborn, rising from a low of 5.03 percent on March 18th to 6.47 percent on Tuesday.
At least 2,016,513 people in Florida have tested positive for COVID-19. 32,820 have died.
In Palm Beach county, 128,620 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 2,602 people have died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens