Disturbing Milestone Approaches As School District Awaits Word On FSA “Mandate”
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District will almost assuredly cross the 3,000 COVID-19 case mark by the end of the day. The count stands at 2,992 as of 11:40 a.m.
Cases have only been recorded since the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year, starting in late September. The majority of the COVID-19 cases on record — 1,724 — have been logged since January.
The 3,000 mark approaches as the school district prepares to comply with a mandate from the Florida Department of Education to administer the FSA’s — the Florida Standards Assessment — in brick-and-mortar school starting in April. There is concern that these mass, group tests will become super-spreader events.
While there is technically no ability for parents to opt-out, a survey provided by the school district to parents of children engaged in “distance learning” does ask whether their children will take part, or not. There is considerable pressure on the Florida Department of Education to request a waiver from the US Department of Education so the tests do not count for anything substantive.
Florida Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran said just days ago that he is now open to that possibility.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY