BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District crossed the 3,000 COVID-19 case mark early this morning, reporting 3,005 COVID-19 cases since late September.
At least 1,753 students are reported a positive test for COVID, 1,252 employees.
The 3,000 mark is notable. The school district didn’t begin counting until school resumed for the 2020-2021 school year, and the vast majority of cases have been recorded in just the past few months. The school system started winter break with 1,268 cases. 1,737 COVID cases have been recorded since school resumed in early January.
Among the notable, local reports:
Boca Raton Community High School reports 54 COVID-19 cases.
Boca Raton Community Middle School reports 37 COVID-19 cases.
Boynton Beach Community High reports 17 COVID-19 cases.
Calusa Elementary reports 31 COVID-19 cases.
Coral Reef Elementary reports 27 COVID-19 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle reports 55 COVID-19 cases.
Olympic Heights Community High School reports 35 COVID-19 cases.
Omni Middle School reports 26 COVID-19 cases.
Plumosa School of the Arts reports 23 COVID-19 cases.
Spanish River Community High reports 25 COVID-19 cases.
Sunrise Park Elementary School reports 24 COVID-19 cases.
Verde K-8 reports 27 COVID-19 cases.
Waters Edge Elementary reports 30 COVID-19 cases.
West Boca Community High reports 26 COVID-19 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary reports 25 COVID-19 cases.
What are you seeing in your school? Use the form below to send your information to BocaNewsNow.com. If it doesn’t appear, click here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID HORROR: Another 20,133 Cases Logged Wednesday
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming