BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — We are investigating Accredo Specialty Pharmacy, the Cigna-owned (NYSE: CI) pharmacy that’s part of Express Scripts, now used by a huge number of Florida Blue customers.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Florida moved its specialty pharmacy operations to Accredo at the start of 2021, following many years with Walgreens Alliance RX Prime. Accredo operates from headquarters in Memphis, but utilizes an office and fulfillment center in Orlando.
At issue: the suggestion that pharmacists are altering prescription quantities moved from Alliance RX Prime to require customers to refill more often. The move potentially benefits Accredo and Cigna financially, while requiring customers to pay co-pay amounts more often.
If you are having issues with Accredo, or had issues that were successfully resolved after government or legal intervention, please let us know. Use our news tip form below. If you are reading in a news app and the form does not appear, just click here.
We would appreciate your name for contact purposes, however, you will remain anonymous if requested for publication purposes.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON