BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — We are investigating Accredo Specialty Pharmacy, the Cigna-owned (NYSE: CI) pharmacy that’s part of Express Scripts, now used by a huge number of Florida Blue customers.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Florida moved its specialty pharmacy operations to Accredo at the start of 2021, following many years with Walgreens Alliance RX Prime. Accredo operates from headquarters in Memphis, but utilizes an office and fulfillment center in Orlando.
At issue: the suggestion that pharmacists are altering prescription quantities moved from Alliance RX Prime to require customers to refill more often. The move potentially benefits Accredo and Cigna financially, while requiring customers to pay co-pay amounts more often.
If you are having issues with Accredo, or had issues that were successfully resolved after government or legal intervention, please let us know. Use our news tip form below. If you are reading in a news app and the form does not appear, just click here.
We would appreciate your name for contact purposes, however, you will remain anonymous if requested for publication purposes.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools
- Broken Sound Country Club Cited By Health Inspector