BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — We are investigating Accredo Specialty Pharmacy, the Cigna-owned (NYSE: CI) pharmacy that’s part of Express Scripts, now used by a huge number of Florida Blue customers.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Florida moved its specialty pharmacy operations to Accredo at the start of 2021, following many years with Walgreens Alliance RX Prime. Accredo operates from headquarters in Memphis, but utilizes an office and fulfillment center in Orlando.
At issue: the suggestion that pharmacists are altering prescription quantities moved from Alliance RX Prime to require customers to refill more often. The move potentially benefits Accredo and Cigna financially, while requiring customers to pay co-pay amounts more often.
If you are having issues with Accredo, or had issues that were successfully resolved after government or legal intervention, please let us know. Use our news tip form below. If you are reading in a news app and the form does not appear, just click here.
We would appreciate your name for contact purposes, however, you will remain anonymous if requested for publication purposes.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles