BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — We are investigating Accredo Specialty Pharmacy, the Cigna-owned (NYSE: CI) pharmacy that’s part of Express Scripts, now used by a huge number of Florida Blue customers.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Florida moved its specialty pharmacy operations to Accredo at the start of 2021, following many years with Walgreens Alliance RX Prime. Accredo operates from headquarters in Memphis, but utilizes an office and fulfillment center in Orlando.
At issue: the suggestion that pharmacists are altering prescription quantities moved from Alliance RX Prime to require customers to refill more often. The move potentially benefits Accredo and Cigna financially, while requiring customers to pay co-pay amounts more often.
If you are having issues with Accredo, or had issues that were successfully resolved after government or legal intervention, please let us know. Use our news tip form below. If you are reading in a news app and the form does not appear, just click here.
We would appreciate your name for contact purposes, however, you will remain anonymous if requested for publication purposes.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach