BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you are traveling I-95 southbound overnight starting Sunday night/Monday morning, start planning an alternate route. The Florida Department of Transportation is reminding drivers that the interstate will be shut southbound in Boca Raton so construction crews can demolish the Clint Moore Road bridge that runs over I-95.
(If you are reading in a news app, click here for full access to images).
“I-95 southbound just south of Congress Avenue will eb closed to traffic overnight, Sunday night, March 28th, through Wednesday, March 31st, so that crews can safely demolish the Clint Moore Road bridge over I-95 Southbound. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., the second lane will close at 9:30 p.m., and all lanes will be closed by 10 p.m., reopening by 5:30 a.m. each morning.”
“Motorists will be detoured via the I-95 southbound exit ramp to Congress Avenue, Peninsula Corp Drive, Congress Avenue and Yamato Road. The I-95 southbound entrance ramp from Peninsula Corp. Drive will also be closed during this activity. The week of April 5th will be used as a contingency of needed. Florida Highway Patrol will be on site to assist motorists.”
Although Florida’s Turnpike has also experienced closures and road work in Boca Raton sporadically over the past several months, there do not appear to be any notices for closures or expected slow-downs during the days I-95 will be a problem. It may be a good alternative if you are seeking to avoid the detour.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance