While DeSantis Promotes Cruising, Nearly 36,000 Cases Logged In State Over 7 Days.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis says there is no reason that the CDC should prevent thousands of people from packing onto cruise ships, the positivity rate in his state is rising again.
The rising rate confirms continuing spread of COVID-19.
Florida’s COVID-19 positivity rate for Friday — released on Saturday — jumped to 6.27 percent. It was in the 5s for the previous two days, and flat at 6 percent on Tuesday. Over the past seven days, 34,580 new COVID-19 cases were logged in the state.
The total case count in Florida is no 2,039,062. The total death count is 33,142.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is holding at 14.4 percent — an exceptionally high number. The Florida Department of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools