While DeSantis Promotes Cruising, Nearly 36,000 Cases Logged In State Over 7 Days.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis says there is no reason that the CDC should prevent thousands of people from packing onto cruise ships, the positivity rate in his state is rising again.
The rising rate confirms continuing spread of COVID-19.
Florida’s COVID-19 positivity rate for Friday — released on Saturday — jumped to 6.27 percent. It was in the 5s for the previous two days, and flat at 6 percent on Tuesday. Over the past seven days, 34,580 new COVID-19 cases were logged in the state.
The total case count in Florida is no 2,039,062. The total death count is 33,142.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is holding at 14.4 percent — an exceptionally high number. The Florida Department of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance