BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Tonight is the night. If you are planning to drive southbound on I-95 anywhere near Boca Raton, expect major traffic issues as the interstate will be closed in the area of Congress. Lane closures start around 9 p.m. Detours will be in effect.
The closure is part of the effort to demolish the Clint More Road Bridge that runs over I-95. The interstate will be closed each night through 5:30 am least through Wednesday. Extra days are already scheduled as a contingency.
“I-95 southbound just south of Congress Avenue will be closed to traffic overnight, Sunday night, March 28th, through Wednesday, March 31st, so that crews can safely demolish the Clint Moore Road bridge over I-95 Southbound. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., the second lane will close at 9:30 p.m., and all lanes will be closed by 10 p.m., reopening by 5:30 a.m. each morning.”
“Motorists will be detoured via the I-95 southbound exit ramp to Congress Avenue, Peninsula Corp Drive, Congress Avenue and Yamato Road. The I-95 southbound entrance ramp from Peninsula Corp. Drive will also be closed during this activity. The week of April 5th will be used as a contingency of needed. Florida Highway Patrol will be on site to assist motorists.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation