Are Spring Breakers, Unmasked On Atlantic Ave. In Delray Beach To Blame?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 crisis in Florida is again getting worse, as the positivty rate just hit 7.56 percent — the highest in more than a month.
The Florida Department of Health says that at no time in the past 30 days has the rate been as high as it was on Sunday. The surge comes as people are being seen without masks en masse across Florida, including Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach and across Miami-Dade County as Spring Breakers flocked to South Beach.
Over the past several days, Florida’s COVID-19 positivty rate has been recorded as 5.62 percent on March 24th, 5.76 percent on March 25th, 6.26 percent on March 26th, 6.79 percent on March 27th, and 7.58 percent on March 28th.
The total infection count in Florida is now 2,047,379. The death count is 33,247.
In Palm Beach County, the case count is now 130,904, with the death count rising to 2,644.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is holding at 14.4 percent. The Florida Department of Health defines “pediatric” as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach