BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s another bad day for Florida. As Governor Ron DeSantis expresses his disgust at “vaccine passports,” the Florida Department of Health reveals a significant jump in new cases.
On Monday, the DOH logged 5,136 new COVID-19 cases in Florida. That follows 3,589 on Sunday and 4,829 on Saturday.
The positivity rate pulled back a bit — from 7.55 percent on Sunday to 6.36 percent on Monday. But it remains higher than health officials would like. The positivty rate in Florida has not dropped below 5 percent since March 11th.
Florida now reports 2,052,441 COVID-19 cases with 33,338 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 131,235 COVID-19 cases are now logged with 2,645 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate — a number increasingly important as kid cases soar nationally — is fortunately not moving. While not at an ideal level, the local pediatric positivity rate isn’t rising from 14.4 percent. It’s been at 14.4 for weeks. The Florida Department of Health defines “pediatric” as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach