BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Regal Cinemas, owner of the now-or-soon-to-be-closed-forever Regal Shadowood Theater on Glades Road, is facing a lawsuit after a woman claims she was critically injured in the bathroom.
Natalie Goldhaber is suing Regal Cinemas, claiming that on December 28th, 2019, at approximately 9:30 a.m., “Natalie Goldahber was knocked into a doorframe by the women’s bathroom door at the subject time and subject premises. The door closing mechanism was not properly adjusted to a safe opening force, safe closing delay, and safe swing speed. Furthermore, the doorframe was not reasonably maintained because it was sharp enough to lacerate Ms. Goldhaber’s leg. Finally, the bathroom lights were not on in the women’s bathroom.”
According to the suit, “Goldhaber was injured in and about her body and extremities and/or aggravating a pre-existing condition or injury…sustained a permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability and/or permanent loss of bodily function and loss for the capacity for the enjoyment of life…”
The suit seeks in excess of $50,000.
Read the complete suit below. News app readers, access here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation