BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 numbers in Palm Beach County are again getting worse, as the hospital count has risen over the past several days.
As of 6 a.m. Wednesday, at least 199 people are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That’s up from a low in the low 180s earlier this month, but significantly lower than 300s which were reported earlier this year.
Even so, the rise in hospitalizations is concerning and potentially representative of another Florida surge. The positivity rate has not dropped below 5 percent in weeks.
Statewide, at least 2,962 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. In Broward County, 424 people are hospitalized for COVID. In Miami-Dade, the count is 584.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441
- Thunderstorms Likely Sunday Night, Then Decent Week Ahead