BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delray Beach Man is facing aggravated battery charges after he allegedly battered his pregnant girlfriend in Harbor Freight on Congress Avenue.
(News App readers access full report).
John Williams of the 2600 block of 22nd Avenue in Delray is accused of hitting his pregnant girlfriend with a briefcase while in the Harbor Freight store at 1475 South Congress Avenue.
Police were called to the scene. Officers allegedly say marks — consistent with someone being hit — when they examined the woman. The woman told police that her boyfriend knew she was pregnant, as they were both in the hospital just days earlier.
That information elevated the aggravated battery charge to “offender knew/should have known victim is pregnant.”
Williams was released on $2000 bond. A court date is pending.
Read the police report, below. If it does not appear, use this to access the full report.Williams-John
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95