BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delray Beach Man is facing aggravated battery charges after he allegedly battered his pregnant girlfriend in Harbor Freight on Congress Avenue.
(News App readers access full report).
John Williams of the 2600 block of 22nd Avenue in Delray is accused of hitting his pregnant girlfriend with a briefcase while in the Harbor Freight store at 1475 South Congress Avenue.
Police were called to the scene. Officers allegedly say marks — consistent with someone being hit — when they examined the woman. The woman told police that her boyfriend knew she was pregnant, as they were both in the hospital just days earlier.
That information elevated the aggravated battery charge to “offender knew/should have known victim is pregnant.”
Williams was released on $2000 bond. A court date is pending.
Read the police report, below. If it does not appear, use this to access the full report.Williams-John
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens