Heroic Cops Save Two Drivers After Woman Drives Wrong Way Near Saturnia Isles
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a critical crash on US 441 near Saturnia Isles involving a Tesla driving the wrong way.
According to a report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Rose Joseph of the 15900 block of SW 8th Avenue was driving south in the northbound lane of US 441/SR7 near Winner’s Circle — that’s north of Clint Moore Road and South of Atlantic.
While Rose Joseph drove the wrong way around 9:52 Tuesday night, Garrett Ghiloni of Paraiso Place in Delray Beach was traveling the correct way — north bound — on US 441/SR7.
Rose Joesph, driving a 2007 Mazda SUV, slammed into Garrett Ghiloni’s 2016 Tesla Model S.
From PBSO: “During the crash, the front of Rose Joseph’s Mazda SUV impacted the front of Ghiloni’s Tesla. Both vehicles rotated before coming to rest. Rose Joseph was rescued from the vehicle by law enforcement as it was on fire. The heroic actions of both Investigator Alan Soloway (PBSO) and Trooper Robert Sayih (FHP) resulted in Rose Joseph surviving this crash. Subsequently, she was transported to Delray Medical Center and underwent emergency surgery for the treatment of her extensive and life threatening injuries.”
“Garrett Ghiloni was also transported to Delray Medical Center for treatment of his serious injuries.”
Charges have not been filed. Police could not be more clear in the investigative report: Garrett Ghiloni was driving the correct direction US 441. Rose Joseph was driving the wrong way.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441
- Thunderstorms Likely Sunday Night, Then Decent Week Ahead
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida