Nearly 2.1 Million Infected In Florida
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of new COVID-19 cases logged on March 31st reveals a significant jump from the day before, and is only topped by numbers reported on March 1st.
The Florida Department of Health reports 6,895 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Wednesday — the last day of the month. The four days prior: 4,830 on Saturday, 3,583 on Sunday, 5,121 on Monday, and 4,958 on Tuesday. The jump to 6,895 is significant. The only day with a higher new COVID-19 count in March was March 1st, when 6,951 COVID cases were logged.
The jump comes as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis works to prohibit vaccine passports — or proof of vaccine — as a requirement for doing anything in Florida.
The total COVID-19 count in Florida is now 2,064,525. The death count is 33,494.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified
- I-95 To Close In Delray Beach This Week, Here’s What You Need To Know
- KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- UPDATE: Man Found Shot On Glades Road In Boca Raton Is Broward Resident
- Popular Atlantic Avenue Delray Beach Restaurant Cited By Health Inspector