Nearly 2.1 Million Infected In Florida
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of new COVID-19 cases logged on March 31st reveals a significant jump from the day before, and is only topped by numbers reported on March 1st.
The Florida Department of Health reports 6,895 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Wednesday — the last day of the month. The four days prior: 4,830 on Saturday, 3,583 on Sunday, 5,121 on Monday, and 4,958 on Tuesday. The jump to 6,895 is significant. The only day with a higher new COVID-19 count in March was March 1st, when 6,951 COVID cases were logged.
The jump comes as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis works to prohibit vaccine passports — or proof of vaccine — as a requirement for doing anything in Florida.
The total COVID-19 count in Florida is now 2,064,525. The death count is 33,494.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation