CDC: Florida Leads Nation In Variant Cases.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 battle appears to be in trouble, as the positivity rate hasn’t dropped below 6 percent in more than a week, and again passed 7 percent on Saturday.
The Florida Department of Health says Florida recorded a 7.02 percent positivity rate on Saturday, following five days in the 6’s. Florida hit 7.59 percent on March 28th.
The latest rise comes as Florida now reports 2,081,826 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 33,674 deaths. At least 85,748 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, where the officials have recorded a positivity rate in the 6s for the past two days, at least 133,286 people have been infected with COVID-19. The death count is 2,661.
The CDC says Florida leads the nation with “variant cases,” recording at least 2,422 as of Sunday night.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance