CDC: Florida Leads Nation In Variant Cases.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 battle appears to be in trouble, as the positivity rate hasn’t dropped below 6 percent in more than a week, and again passed 7 percent on Saturday.
The Florida Department of Health says Florida recorded a 7.02 percent positivity rate on Saturday, following five days in the 6’s. Florida hit 7.59 percent on March 28th.
The latest rise comes as Florida now reports 2,081,826 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 33,674 deaths. At least 85,748 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, where the officials have recorded a positivity rate in the 6s for the past two days, at least 133,286 people have been infected with COVID-19. The death count is 2,661.
The CDC says Florida leads the nation with “variant cases,” recording at least 2,422 as of Sunday night.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441
- Thunderstorms Likely Sunday Night, Then Decent Week Ahead