CDC: Florida Leads Nation In Variant Cases.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 battle appears to be in trouble, as the positivity rate hasn’t dropped below 6 percent in more than a week, and again passed 7 percent on Saturday.
The Florida Department of Health says Florida recorded a 7.02 percent positivity rate on Saturday, following five days in the 6’s. Florida hit 7.59 percent on March 28th.
The latest rise comes as Florida now reports 2,081,826 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 33,674 deaths. At least 85,748 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, where the officials have recorded a positivity rate in the 6s for the past two days, at least 133,286 people have been infected with COVID-19. The death count is 2,661.
The CDC says Florida leads the nation with “variant cases,” recording at least 2,422 as of Sunday night.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens