CDC: Florida Leads Nation In Variant Cases.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 battle appears to be in trouble, as the positivity rate hasn’t dropped below 6 percent in more than a week, and again passed 7 percent on Saturday.
The Florida Department of Health says Florida recorded a 7.02 percent positivity rate on Saturday, following five days in the 6’s. Florida hit 7.59 percent on March 28th.
The latest rise comes as Florida now reports 2,081,826 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 33,674 deaths. At least 85,748 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, where the officials have recorded a positivity rate in the 6s for the past two days, at least 133,286 people have been infected with COVID-19. The death count is 2,661.
The CDC says Florida leads the nation with “variant cases,” recording at least 2,422 as of Sunday night.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95