BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Department of Health just reported a massive increase in new COVID-19 cases. (News App readers access the full story here).
The state added 7,886 cases on Wednesday. That is the highest new case count in at least a month. Before Wednesday, March 31st logged the largest number of new cases — DOH reported 6,875 on that date.
The news is bad for Florida which leads the United States in the number of variant cases recorded. Whether it’s a short term anomaly based on spring break stupidity, or representative of a larger issue, is unclear.
Statewide, there are now at least 2,104,686 COVID-19 infections. At least 33,906 people have died.
In Palm Beach County, where Democratic Mayor David Kerner is now defending Republican Governor Ron DeSantis’ handling of the COVID crisis, 2,685 people have died. At least 134,854 people have been infected.
The positivty rate in Palm Beach County is recorded as 6.36 percent for Wednesday. Statewide, it’s 6.73 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County continues to hold at 14.4 percent. The Florida Department of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?