BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Department of Health just reported a massive increase in new COVID-19 cases. (News App readers access the full story here).
The state added 7,886 cases on Wednesday. That is the highest new case count in at least a month. Before Wednesday, March 31st logged the largest number of new cases — DOH reported 6,875 on that date.
The news is bad for Florida which leads the United States in the number of variant cases recorded. Whether it’s a short term anomaly based on spring break stupidity, or representative of a larger issue, is unclear.
Statewide, there are now at least 2,104,686 COVID-19 infections. At least 33,906 people have died.
In Palm Beach County, where Democratic Mayor David Kerner is now defending Republican Governor Ron DeSantis’ handling of the COVID crisis, 2,685 people have died. At least 134,854 people have been infected.
The positivty rate in Palm Beach County is recorded as 6.36 percent for Wednesday. Statewide, it’s 6.73 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County continues to hold at 14.4 percent. The Florida Department of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates