Police Helicopter Responds, Aviation Officers See Man With Gun
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Two Boca Raton men are in custody in Broward County after BSO’s new “Shot Spotter” alerted police when shots were fired, and a police helicopter saw one of the men move a gun from his waist.
Patrick Horack, 22, of 22429 SW 54th Avenue in Boca Raton, and Johnson Ducaste, 19, of 6061 Boca Colony Drive, are among the suspects apprehended. (News app readers access full report).
From Broward Sheriff’s Office:
For the second time in a week, a ShotSpotter alert proved invaluable in helping Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies make multiple arrests and seize a weapon and ammunition.
At approximately 1:38 a.m. on Thursday, April 8, BSO deputies responded to a ShotSpotter alert of gunfire in the 200 block of Northwest 12th Court in Pompano Beach. ShotSpotter recorded at least three shots being fired. No 911 calls were placed to Broward County Regional Communications advising of the gunfire. Combining superior technology on the ground with critical law enforcement capability in the air, BSO’s Aviation Unit hovered in the sky and saw an individual remove a gun from his waistband and hand it to another man. That man then hid the gun in some bushes.
Deputies on the ground immediately detained several individuals. Other deputies located the gun, which contained more than a dozen rounds in an extended magazine and had the serial number filed off. Spent shell casings were also recovered.
A total of four individuals were arrested. Patrick Horak and Johnson Ducaste are facing charges for possession of an altered firearm. Joshua Washington was arrested on a warrant for armed carjacking, and Dylan Losey was arrested for violating his probation.
No one was reported injured in the gunfire.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Carly Richards, 20, Killed In Boynton Beach Crash
- Boca Raton Lawyer Who Threatened Us Disqualified From Case We Covered
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI