Palm Beach County School District FSA Testing Already Taking Place.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran today issued an executive order instruction school districts to disregard a student’s standardized test scores in most situations. (News app readers use this to access full report, executive order).
That means the Florida Standards Assessment, a test that school districts have been required to administer to all students in third grade and higher — in person — won’t count. While it may provide a diagnostic resource to schools, school districts and the State of Florida, it is not a mandatory factor in whether a student is promoted to the next grade.
In certain school years — including third grade — the FSA is considered an important measure of a student’s ability to move on.
FSA’s are already underway in several grades in the Palm Beach County School District. While the state “mandated” in-person testing for all students in grade 3 and higher, the school district is not forcing anyone to take the test. While not officially allowed to “opt out,” parents were given the option of telling schools that their children would not be taking part. In many situations, teachers stated they would use a student’s full “portfolio” of work from the year to determine graduation or advancement eligibility.
Read the complete executive order below. News app readers, use this link to access the full report.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors