Child Arrested Just South Of Boca Raton
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (BSO Media Advisory Verbatim) — A 12-year-old boy used a fictitious email address to make a bomb threat at his school this past Wednesday. (News app readers access our full report).
At approximately 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday, April 7, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a bomb threat at Renaissance Charter School, 8399 N. University Drive in Tamarac.
Upon BSO deputies’ arrival, they immediately assisted in safely evacuating the school and setting up an incident command to address the threat. BSO detectives, with the threat assessment unit, homeland security unit, real-time crime center and bomb squad, assisted in the investigation and conducted an extensive sweep of the school for any possible devices.
During the investigation, detectives were able to identify the suspect as a 12-year-old student at the school. On April 8, detectives responded to the Coral Springs Preschool at 4441 Coral Springs Drive in Coral Springs to meet with the suspect.
In a post-Miranda confession, the suspect admitted to creating a fictitious email account to send the bomb threat stating the following: “Theres a bomb in your school ten minutes remain until you blow.”
The suspect was arrested and charged with threat to bomb-false report bomb explosive weapon. He was transported to the Juvenile Assessment Center.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors