Notable Increase Mirrors Florida Increase In New COVID-19 Infections.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of people hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is again rising in Palm Beach County — a number that is mirroring a major increase in the number of COVID-19 infections.
While certainly not at the levels of earlier this year, when as many as 400 people were hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County at any given time, the official count Saturday morning is 194. It is notable as the number dropped into the 160s in recent days.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration also reports 425 people are hospitalized for COVID in Broward County, and 527 in Miami-Dade. That puts the South Florida COVID hospitalization count at 1,146 — just under half of all COVID-19 hospitalizations in the State of Florida. The state total is 3012.
Local, the ICU count is all over the place when you look at area ICUs. That is potentially a good sign. There is no consistency of completely full ICUs.
West Boca Medical Center reports 14 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Wellington reports 24 ICU beds in use with 4 available.
Delray Medical Center, the area’s trauma center, reports 41 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 27 ICU beds in use with 14 available.
Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with 1 available.
In all of Florida, as of 9:07 a.m. Saturday, 4,863 ICU beds are in use with 1,339 available. We note that these numbers include COVID and non-COVID patients.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance