Notable Increase Mirrors Florida Increase In New COVID-19 Infections.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of people hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is again rising in Palm Beach County — a number that is mirroring a major increase in the number of COVID-19 infections.
While certainly not at the levels of earlier this year, when as many as 400 people were hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County at any given time, the official count Saturday morning is 194. It is notable as the number dropped into the 160s in recent days.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration also reports 425 people are hospitalized for COVID in Broward County, and 527 in Miami-Dade. That puts the South Florida COVID hospitalization count at 1,146 — just under half of all COVID-19 hospitalizations in the State of Florida. The state total is 3012.
Local, the ICU count is all over the place when you look at area ICUs. That is potentially a good sign. There is no consistency of completely full ICUs.
West Boca Medical Center reports 14 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Wellington reports 24 ICU beds in use with 4 available.
Delray Medical Center, the area’s trauma center, reports 41 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 27 ICU beds in use with 14 available.
Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with 1 available.
In all of Florida, as of 9:07 a.m. Saturday, 4,863 ICU beds are in use with 1,339 available. We note that these numbers include COVID and non-COVID patients.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI