Notable Increase Mirrors Florida Increase In New COVID-19 Infections.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of people hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is again rising in Palm Beach County — a number that is mirroring a major increase in the number of COVID-19 infections.
While certainly not at the levels of earlier this year, when as many as 400 people were hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County at any given time, the official count Saturday morning is 194. It is notable as the number dropped into the 160s in recent days.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration also reports 425 people are hospitalized for COVID in Broward County, and 527 in Miami-Dade. That puts the South Florida COVID hospitalization count at 1,146 — just under half of all COVID-19 hospitalizations in the State of Florida. The state total is 3012.
Local, the ICU count is all over the place when you look at area ICUs. That is potentially a good sign. There is no consistency of completely full ICUs.
West Boca Medical Center reports 14 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Wellington reports 24 ICU beds in use with 4 available.
Delray Medical Center, the area’s trauma center, reports 41 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 27 ICU beds in use with 14 available.
Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with 1 available.
In all of Florida, as of 9:07 a.m. Saturday, 4,863 ICU beds are in use with 1,339 available. We note that these numbers include COVID and non-COVID patients.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart