Now More Than 2-Million COVID Cases In Florida. Are Unmasked Restaurant Workers Contributing To Spread?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It is another bad report from the Florida Department of Health. (News app readers access our full report here).
The positivity rate for the State of Florida on Saturday, released Sunday, is 7.65. That is the highest in the past 30 days, and tie for March 28th. By comparison, the positivity rate on March 11th was just 4.90 percent. The numbers are heading in the wrong direction.
The increase comes as the impact of Spring Break continues to be felt, and BocaNewsNow.com revealed area restaurants — like Salt 7 in Delray Beach — appear to be ignoring the Palm Beach County mask mandate still in effect. We published several photos yesterday, capturing non-mask wearing employees just days after the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation cited the restaurant for unrelated health issues.
Salt 7 did not respond to a request for comment from BocaNewsNow.com.
Statewide, there are now 2,124,233 confirmed cases of COVID-19. At least 34,021 people have died from COVID in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, where the positivity rate is reported as 6.36 percent, at least 136,108 people have tested positive for COVID-19, while 2,690 have died.
Are you seeing restaurants and stores ignoring mask mandates? Send your photos to BocaNewsNow.com using the form below. If the form does not appear, use this link for direct access.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance