No Social Distancing. Many Not Masking. No Enforcement As Cancelations, Delays Continue.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The crowds are large, the social distancing largely non-existent, mask use is sporadic. Welcome to the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport early Monday morning.
A day after freak, heavy storms caused mass cancelations and delays, it turns out many travelers never went home, opting instead to sleep on the floor or on chairs at the airport. Monday morning, the crowds are still dense as cancelations continue. (News app readers access our full report here).
A look at the flight board shows flights to Charlotte, Dallas, New York and other locations aren’t happening, as JetBlue, Delta, American Airlines, Spirit and Southwest have all canceled flights. Many flights that are set to go are going late.
While there are empty gates in the terminals, many are packed to levels considered “overflow” even by pre-pandemic standards.
There is no mask or social distancing enforcement by police or TSA agents, all of whom appear to be looking the other way rather than enforce federal mask mandates.
Airlines, however, continue to vigilant with mask enforcement once the boarding process is underway.
If you are flying out of South Florida airports on Monday, check with your airline before heading to the airport, and note that storms are expected again Monday afternoon. FLL, PBI and MIA all experienced — and continue to experience — delays and canceled flights.
Use this link for the FLL departure board, as updated by Broward County Aviation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors