Palm Beach County Hospitalizations Rise
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — At least 3,186 people are now hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida as of mid-day Monday, and the COVID-19 situation in Palm Beach County appears to be disintegrating. It is too early to know whether the latest numbers are an anomaly or the beginning of another wave.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration says there are now 210 people hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. The count was as low as 165 over the past several weeks.
While 210 is still dramatically below the 400s hit earlier this year, it is a monumental step in the wrong direction. The increasing hospitalization count runs contrary to the narrative that COVID-19 vaccines are minimizing the COVID community impact. While fluctuating, the positivty rate and “new case counts” have all hit 30-day-highs over the past week.
In Broward County, 445 people are hospitalized for COVID-19. In Miami-Dade, the count is 581.
Loca hospital ICUs are showing a mixed bag of activity. Bethesda West’s ICU is completely full with 10 ICU beds in use. Wellington reports 23 ICU beds in use with 5 available. West Boca Medical Center shows 23 ICU beds in use with 5 available. Delray Medical Center is using 39 ICU beds with 13 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 27 ICU beds with 14 available. Statewide, 4,577 ICU beds are in use with 1,576 available. We remind our readers that these numbers represent COVID and non-COVID ICU patients.
Sunday’s COVID infection numbers will be released later Monday by the Florida Department of Health.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Trial Set For March In Seven Bridges Delray Discrimination Case
- FREE MONEY! Palm Beach County Tax Collector Releases Latest Unclaimed Funds Report
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella